Sunday, May 12, 2013

Just Arrived in Costa Rica

Hi everybody! I started this blog so I could keep everyone updated on my trip to Costa Rica, and any other trips I may have in the future. 

For the next seven weeks, I will be in Costa Rica, taking classes, and living with a host family. This morning I woke up at 3 after about four hours of sleep. Half an hour later, I was on my way to Boston with my dad to catch a 6 a.m. flight to Orlando, where I caught the connecting flight to San Jose, Costa Rica. Fortunately for me, both flights were smooth (not too much turbulence) and were about 3 hours each. I hate long flights. Anything beyond 5 hours is really not my cup of tea, so I was pleased. 

I arrived in Costa Rica at about 12 something (maybe 12:30?), which is two hours behind Maine and then waited for more students to arrive before they sent us to the hotel where we'll be oriented. Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what the schedule is. But I'll find out.

I've had a banana, a fruit bowl (melons, pineapple, and grapes), a few peanut butter cups (yes, vegan),  some chocolate macaroons (also vegan), a raspberry-pomegranate energy bar, and some blue potato chips on the plane. I think it's safe to say that a real dinner will be more than welcome. 

I've still got to get sunscreen, bug spray, and batteries for my camera, but I'm not stressing too much about it. It'll get done.

But that's really all there is for an update right now. I can feel the day of travel taking its toll...I could go for a nap.

Sorry there aren't any pictures for this post. I promise there will be soon, once I get the batteries.



No comments:

Post a Comment